Présentez-vous ici :)

Modérateur : Equipe Modératrice

Gelio
Nouveau membre
Nouveau membre
Magasin :

Hi!

Message par Gelio »

Hi everybody! I am Elio, I am 19, and I recently moved to Le Havre for university studies. I have played Pokemon quite competitively until a few years ago (think MaRio, Moving Truck, GG, Magmortar-Blaziken-Claydol).

I have no idea of what is currently competitive, or what the new sets look like, but I would love to get back into competitive gaming. I noticed that there are many tournaments in Paris and around, so I will try to join as many as possible in the next few months.

I will do my best to post in French in the forum, but my French language skills are not the best!

Hope to see you all soon in some tournament :)

Edit: If there is a volunteer that can explain me a little about the current metagame, legal expansions, tier 1 decks and something about Pokemon tournament life in France I would appreciate that a lot!
Lianaja
Membre
Membre
Genre : ♀️
Magasin :

Re: Hi!

Message par Lianaja »

Hello !
No French ?
Je vends toutes mes cartes, n'hésitez pas à passer en privé. Pour plus d'infos,
cliquez ici.
Slecht leafeon
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Slecht leafeon »

Welcone here ^^ .
Lianaja non il n'est pas français il le dit , il vient d’emménagée au havre pour ses études ;)
Zarmakuizz
Administrateur
Administrateur
Genre : ♂️
Magasin :

Message par Zarmakuizz »

Hi there!

If you would like us to speak French to you instead of English, please tell us, or else everybody else will be happy to show their powerful English skills, which would not help you much, I presume. :)

Le Havre is not ideal to join competitive tournaments, but, if you knew the TCG as it was during the ex era (MSN, holon ans such), things won't be too surprising for you. If you didn't… Well, things have changed a bit (or more than that) since Mario and GG.

Legal expansions start with Black&White (Noir&Blanc). Starting from Next Destinies (Destinées Futures), Pokémon EX (in capitals) made a come back, they are legendary Pokémon with massive HP and pretty strong attacks but when KOed they give 2 prizes instead of 1. Legendary Pokémon may also be in regular form, with still nice HP (they did a lot of power creep concerning HP).
Battle Roads still continue and the metagame is still not clearly defined, but for now decks mostly look like Big Basics alone vs Big Basics supported by evolved Pokémon. And, if you remember Gust of Wind, well they printed Pokémon Catcher to choose any Pokémon and make it your bait.

To follow tournaments, check the "Tournois et Jeu Organisé" forum, or keep this link with currently known dates. You are 3h away of the most active zone in France, with like 80% of French tournaments between Paris and Merville.
Échanges faits: Rainyd, Lnoirriol, Pijako, Van der Clava, speedy60, Pijako, Fe2nek... je ne les compte plus.
Regional Professor Coordinator, j'aide des juges et tous les bénévoles des tournois Pokémon. J'arbitre partout dans le monde et je joue parfois.
Carapuce
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Carapuce »

:shock: zarma ... dans tout les cas ...

Welcome, we are delighted to have you with us ;) ( j’espère ne pas avoir fait de faute ... )
Dernière modification par Carapuce le 28 sept. 2012, 16:35, modifié 1 fois.
Merci à toma pour la signature et l'avatar

• Zarmakuizz a écrit :Les gens, c'est le topic de Kulbutoké, laissez-le tranquille, pour le flood il y a la section Divers. :o
  • Billy redbers a écrit :Paix, amour & pokéball.
  • Lisaloulette a écrit :Les sushistes aiment le flood parce qu'on est du Sud est qu'on aime parlerrrr! ^^
Blue
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Blue »

Hello !

Have you already try to play TCGO ?

You can speak English and train you ! And you could see what is currently competitive ;)
pik77 sur TCGO (ancien pseudo)
I am Blue da be de da ba da !

Champion de France master 2015
Luby
Champion
Champion
Magasin :

Message par Luby »

Hi!

First of all, welcome!

If you're looking for tournaments, your best resource is this. You should also check the Tournaments section of this forum, where details for the tournaments are announced. You might be interested in the tournaments in Verberie and Pontpoint, which should be closer to you than Paris, and where many good players gather, both from the Paris region and from the north of France.

As for the current metagame : the format is BW-on, so the legal sets are Black&White, Emerging Powers, Noble Victories, Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, and Dragons Exalted (and promo cards since Black&White but there's nothing amazing in there).
The main decks to know are :

- Eelektrik decks, which use Eelektrik as an energy accelerator. It can be played with Mewtwo EX, Zekrom EX and Double Colorless Energy; or Rayquaza EX and Fire Energy; or a mix of these. Raikou EX is a staple, and other attackers such as Zekrom, Thundurus or shiny Rayquaza can be played too.
- Darkrai EX/Hydreigon (the Dark Trance one from Dragons Exalted), which is a slower set-up deck which uses the combination between the Dark Cloak ability and Dark Trance, and benefits from cards such as Sableye, Dark Patch, and Max Potion. It can use a variety of attackers and techs, such as Terrakion (Noble Victories), Shaymin EX, Mewtwo EX, Sigilyph (Dragons Exalted)... Hydreigon himself is also a good attacker.

Those two got most results but there's also :

- Ho-oh decks, which use Ho-oh EX's unique ability to use him as a powered-up attacker, as well as other attackers such as Tornadus EX, Mewtwo EX, Terrakion mainly. These can be powered with Double Colorless Energy and the Ho-oh EX/Energy switch combination.

- Fighting decks, mainly using Terrakion, Terrakion EX, sometimes Landorus... their power come from the fact that they hit Darkrai EX and electric Pokemon for weakness.

- Garchomp/Altaria, which benefits from the Dragon Call Gabite, allowing the deck to set up quickly an army of Garchomps and supporting Altarias.

- Accelgor (Dark Explorers) decks, Empoleon decks, Ninetales/Amoongus, Garbodor decks, etc.

That being said, assuming you don't know anything about the format, you should know a few things :
- The only playable supporters are draw supporters : Professor Juniper, N, Cheren and Bianca (and Random Receiver which is an item but gets you a supporter).
- Pokémon tend to be searched with items: Ultra Ball, Level Ball, Heavy Ball, Pokémon Communication sometimes.
- Pokémon Catcher is played as a 4-of in basically all decks.
- Other important cards: Skyarrow Bridge, Eviolite, Tool Scrapper, both Blend Energies, Double Colorless Energy, Super Rod.

Also, if you haven't played for a while, you should be aware that there were some modifications in rules since Black&White :
- "Trainer" cards now include supporters, stadiums, and items (what were called trainers before).
- Poké-powers and Poke-bodies no longer exist, Pokémon only have Abilites now. Abilites also tend to be usable even when the Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition.
- The player going first can play trainer cards (including a supporter). There's no downside to going first.
- Rare Candy has been errated and can now no longer be played on the first turn or on a Pokémon which just got into play. (It has been reprinted in Dark Explorers if you want to check the new text.)

As for tournament life, I'm not sure what you mean by that and I don't kow where you're from but you should know :

- Tournaments happen in a few select cities, where there are leagues and organizers (see the resource I linked above). We have Battle Roads in autumn, then Regionals/SPT, Cities, Regionals/SPT and Spring Battle Roads. I say "Regionals/SPT" because we didn't really make a distinction until now. (We have to now, because they don't give the same amount of Championship Points, but I don't know when each will be.)
The difference between these tournaments is not huge. Typically there'll be 18 players at a Battle Road, 24 at a City and 28 at a Regional in a place like Nanterre - nothing like the US. Though this year, some players who hadn't played since years have come back, and there's already been a 41-masters Battle Road, which is a record (I don't think there's ever been a tournament with more than 35 players in Master Division in France, apart from the National Championship), so we can expect great things.
There's also a lot of new players recently. Actually, most top players in France have only been playing for a year or two.
Also we have top cuts at Battle Roads, unlike the US.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a PM ("MP" in French). I have the spare time to type long messages like this one, and unlike most people here, typing in English doesn't bother me.

EDIT : By the way, you should check out the TopCutPokemon Youtube channel if you want to see recent games with great commentary. It should help you to get more familiar with current decks and metagame.

EDIT FOR FRENCH PEOPLE : Oui je fais aussi des posts de cette longueur en anglais.
Dernière modification par Luby le 28 sept. 2012, 16:38, modifié 1 fois.
Vous voulez suivre les tournois en direct, avoir de l'aide pour votre deck, et rencontrer la communauté francophone du TCG compétitif ? Rejoignez notre serveur Discord, le Café Lysandre !
Vous êtes en région parisienne ? Vous aimerez peut-être également le serveur Discord Pokémon TCG Paris pour vous tenir au courant de tous les tournois et séances de ligue dans la région et rencontrer de nouveaux joueurs !

Dernier article en date : Analyse de set : Faille Paradoxe

Ma chaîne Youtube : Le Canarti-Show | Dernière vidéo : Comment jouer aux cartes Pokémon IRL

Mon Twitter (livetweets de tournois et autres trucs sur le jeu compétitif)

Carapuce
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Carapuce »

Comment vous faites pour mettre de message de 3 m de long en anglais ?!

• Zarmakuizz a écrit :Les gens, c'est le topic de Kulbutoké, laissez-le tranquille, pour le flood il y a la section Divers. :o
  • Lisaloulette a écrit :Les sushistes aiment le flood parce qu'on est du Sud est qu'on aime parlerrrr! ^^
Luby
Champion
Champion
Magasin :

Message par Luby »

Carapuce a écrit :Comment vous faites pour mettre de message de 3 m de long en anglais ?!
On est des beaux gosses.
Vous voulez suivre les tournois en direct, avoir de l'aide pour votre deck, et rencontrer la communauté francophone du TCG compétitif ? Rejoignez notre serveur Discord, le Café Lysandre !
Vous êtes en région parisienne ? Vous aimerez peut-être également le serveur Discord Pokémon TCG Paris pour vous tenir au courant de tous les tournois et séances de ligue dans la région et rencontrer de nouveaux joueurs !

Dernier article en date : Analyse de set : Faille Paradoxe

Ma chaîne Youtube : Le Canarti-Show | Dernière vidéo : Comment jouer aux cartes Pokémon IRL

Mon Twitter (livetweets de tournois et autres trucs sur le jeu compétitif)

Jethro
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Jethro »

C'est marrant de voir Zarma parler en Anglais...
Slecht leafeon:à notre âge;on est pas des pro en Anglais...

Welcome on Pokecardex!!!
(j'ai fais de mon mieux...)
C'est bon les sushis...J'en mange tous les Dimanche!
ou presque^^
MES RÉSULTATS:
20/01:City (Toulouse):2ème/5 (Senior)
Carapuce
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Carapuce »

Je pense je vais un peu mieux suivre les cours d'anglais °^^ .

Jethro
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Jethro »

Avec elle on est pas rendu...
Bon on arrête de pourrir ce topic!(d'anglais)
C'est bon les sushis...J'en mange tous les Dimanche!
ou presque^^
MES RÉSULTATS:
20/01:City (Toulouse):2ème/5 (Senior)
Zarmakuizz
Administrateur
Administrateur
Magasin :

Message par Zarmakuizz »

Luby a écrit :
Carapuce a écrit :Comment vous faites pour mettre de message de 3 m de long en anglais ?!
On est des beaux gosses.
By the way, Gelio, where are you from?
Échanges faits: Rainyd, Lnoirriol, Pijako, Van der Clava, speedy60, Pijako, Fe2nek... je ne les compte plus.
Regional Professor Coordinator, j'aide des juges et tous les bénévoles des tournois Pokémon. J'arbitre partout dans le monde et je joue parfois.
Lianaja
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Lianaja »

Note : Je suis en 5ème avec 3/20 de moyenne en Anglais et j'en suis fière. :D :D :D
Je vends toutes mes cartes, n'hésitez pas à passer en privé. Pour plus d'infos,
cliquez ici.
Slecht leafeon
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Slecht leafeon »

Is triest . Non ce n'est pas de l'anglais .
Chukapi
Organisateur
Organisateur
Magasin :

Message par Chukapi »

Welcome :noel:
Luby a écrit :
On est des beaux gosses.
Jerry :koko:
Responsable Ligue Pokémon de Saint-Etienne
League Leader - Montbrison / Roannes / Lyon
SITE DE LA LIGUE POKEMON STEPHANOISE
Fyat
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Fyat »

if bim ane grain fith shtrouble english ? ><
Team Owl Star
Carapuce
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Carapuce »

Alors là je comprend plus rien ... mon anglais est pas très complet ...

Fyat
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Fyat »

on avait compris si tu n 'est même pas capable de comprendre ce que j 'ai dit .....
Team Owl Star
Plasmyn
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Plasmyn »

Welcome! ^^
Achats de cartes effectués : Bunny (x3), Alix Spencer, Wiil,Poketrading(x2),Elea Boss,Matt120,Speedy60
Echanges effectués : Poketrading,Pic, samjo17, scottlebos,Pyroli(x2),MlleFalki,Supers25
Merci à tous!

Trokeurs recommandés:toniobourriquot,Bunny

Mon topic d'échanges: http://forums.pokecardex.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13807

Ma chaîne YT : http://www.youtube.com/user/troue1000?feature=watch
Caratroc
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Caratroc »

Hello ;)
PokéBase
Le meilleur logiciel pour les cartes Pokémon.
Mes échanges : Plus de 200 échanges réalisés !
  Achat en cours :
Achat réussi : redstarz012 / bruninho87/ Mikami1/Keyser/ Mew Antique

Échange en cours :
Échange réussi : mitsukuni / Luitoine / lesblins X2/ Snapman74 / hypocrate/ Jubileus57/ sakura76 X2/ Flynumel/ Mishy/ micbouboul74/ Sonilka/ Sparlow/ Carvo/ benjisop/ Blue Umbreon

Vente en cours :
Vente réussi : arcanaXknight/ NicoGT3/ yon974/ chprof/ Mew Antique / Alakazamex X2/ Sanako59/ Calhoun X2/ jojo-alchemist/ Mckay90340/ Poroing/ Jehnova/ tiny_decoherence/ jazerty457/ Brukemonday/ Ichikaru
Enyptos
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Enyptos »

Hello! Welcome on Pokécardex! Sorry if my English is not very good.
Félix a écrit :SHEAURIKEN
ganima a écrit :Je suis le mal! :evil:
Lafan-L
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par Lafan-L »

Welcome.here, dear TCG Player ;)

Achats/Echange/Vente en cours avec :
Achats/Echange/Vente (54) réussis avec :Fuzion, Mwoaa x5, OrsonHobb, Rin Okumura, Thomaba, poketrading , lowolwerine x2, Drago, Drew x2,Pyroli x3, Mystia Lore x3, Nocturnusx2, Cha_Sunghee, fabienne1951, supers25 x2, NutellaChoco x3, Pijako x2, Mély,EvoLved, SaintOva, Phila, Kthemystic, TaurnilElessar, matt120 x3, matteolegremlins, legendaray x3,Clairette54, Tichris, zorua, Quentinusdu06 x3,miklastar69, Flyx007, Paul51, wortor
Echange raté/Troqueur Déconseillé : JEAN BAPTISTE, n'envoie pas l'argent!
benjizztop
Membre
Membre
Magasin :

Message par benjizztop »

Welcome here ;)
  Échanges réussis (17) avec : Zaha (x3), Pyroli (x2), Mwoaa (x2), 3l3ktr0, Mentalisprit, Duby, Pok, Rom1 (x2), Clairette54, Poképaper, Matt120 et Kthemystic
Achats effectués (27) avec : Mwoaa (x2), Matt120, Poketrading (un peu long...), Punkemon, Thomaba (x3), asl102, Master (x2), Zaha, Lesblins, louisealfred (x2), Choubby, SaintOva, Legendaray (x2), pika49, Kthemystic, Lisaloulette, alexboislaurent, Pijako (x2) et Pyroli (x2)
Ventes réussies (37 sur le forum) avec : Keyser (x4), Kydra, 3l3ktr0, toma, Arali (x3), alexboislaurent, Flow, thebeast, loiseau21, MlleFalki, Pokérisson (x2), Elowi, Mély (x2) , AlexGdu94, SektonePokemon, Blastoise, Mwoaa (x2), Baubby, Blood, Popy, Alyesther (x2), Tari, Ijighen, el_barto, chprof, LaurineUhl et Kaz (x2)
mon topic d'échange

Zarmakuizz a écrit :eel fodray korrijay lait fôte d'aurtografe haie d'œufs gras maire.
Gelio
Nouveau membre
Nouveau membre
Magasin :

Message par Gelio »

Merci beaucoup puor le bienvenue! Mais malheureusement mon Francais s’arret ici. Si vous ecrivez quelques chose en Francais je la comprend, mais ecrire c’est difficile.

Thanks for the great welcome! I don’t have internet in my room yet, so I am not able to reply immediately, sorry!

First some extra detail. I am Italian.. The size of French tournaments looks similar to those I have attended in the past, so that shouldn’t be a shock. I started playing in the Delta era and I played Metanite for about a year before it got rotated. I continued playing for the next two years after that with lots of Blissey variants at first and then moving to a solid GG build. That’s about the story.

Zarmakuizz: thanks for the hint on the Paris-Merville area, it really is not that far from Le Havre and I might be albe to join the BR in Verberie on October 20 and the Regional in Paris on November 18. I am happy that EXs are back, even though I do think that the change of Rare Candy greatly weakens any stage 2 deck. Is the game less “technical” nowadays because of this?

Blue: PTCGO looks great! I’ll look into it ☺

Luby: thanks for the great reply! I’ll send you an MP.

The community looks great and it looks like I could be able to make it to quite a few tournaments this year. Regarding the deck I should start building, any suggestions? It looks like Rayquaza EX – Eelektrik is the most competitive, but you tell me ☺
Répondre